Critique this 12" TH sub...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Critique this suggested TH please.

The 10" driver's Xmax is about 12 mm, and it can handle up to 300W. Cost: $120. The sim suggests 120+dB

Design requirements: "small" sub for 80 Hz and below that can be used for a small sports bar that will double as a HT room from time to time :). Likely 2 or 4 may be used.

Construction: Will be implemented using a design similar to the POC #1 on my site - see The Subwoofer DIY Page v1.1 - Projects : A "Proof of Concept" tapped pipe** - introduction

Any suggested alternatives that are a better fit for cost/performance welcomed.

Attachments

• 10TH-Fr.gif
    10TH-Fr.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 364
  • 10-TH-params.gif
    10-TH-params.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 356
That's straight from HornResp's TH wizard :)

Are you referring to the dip around 90 Hz, or the dip in the 30 Hz to 80 Hz passband?

Change to Con before you run the wizard, unless your horn folding kung fu is especially strong.

The dip at 90 is the one I was referring to. If you can flatten it out a bit by tucking the driver a touch further back in the mouth, that might be a good idea.

Otherwise - as MaVo said - build it and see. I've had results match the predictions within a dB or two, and I know my measuring gear/ability is no better than that.

Sigh..Looks like this driver is 2 ohms, so I may have to go with another driver, unless I use them in pairs..

Hi Brian,

FYI, A little late but I believe there are small improvements to consider:

b

Attachments

• 1-BrianSteele-10inch_TH.GIF
    1-BrianSteele-10inch_TH.GIF
    146.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 2-BrianSteele-10inch_TH_cont.GIF
    2-BrianSteele-10inch_TH_cont.GIF
    191.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 3-BrianSteele-2x10inch_TH.GIF
    3-BrianSteele-2x10inch_TH.GIF
    76.7 KB · Views: 50
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.