The DubHorn:Wi's TC 5100NEO loaded 20hz horn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had actually ended up deciding on using the Epic 10". Simulations showed that using 6 smaller horns at 500w each hit 140 at 20hz.

The 5100Neo ended up in a refrigerator sized enclosure, and stacking reflex boxes proved the better option as it had to be mobile. The LMS-R12 faced the same issue.

6 smaller boxes that soak up more power and are easier to move than a large one seemed the way to go.

Then I ran out of money to continue pursuing the project, so it is on the back burner right now.

Now that is impressive!

Is this still a tapped horn, similar to the one JBell suggested?

Are these epically huge?

Regards, Ben

P.S. Yes, I want one, or 2, or however many I can transport.

A little clarification...from the guy with the model....:D

Good to see ya Wi.

That is a 1pi number, (wall loaded) as Wi typically does indoor gigs. I feel 0.5pi is too optimistic, even for indoors and corner loaded situations.

The simulations show 90 dB+ at a watt in, and will take 500 watts within xmax. To get to 140 dB at 40 Hz, it takes a total of 6 cabinets, each fed 500 watts.

These are tapped horns, approximately 300 L net, so they'll be 12 to 13 cubic feet when folded. Since Wi slowed down on this little project, I did not ever fold one for him. I'm ready when he is, but for those of you that don't fully know the pace at which I fold a sub.....don't hold your breath waiting. :D

hey it's mike and wi... it's a party!!

how's bowling? any 300 games?

Mike, glad you got wi a reasonable sized cabinet -- I never quite got to 140 for him on things I simmed. dayton titanic 10 with 100-620cm2 with a 500cm length got 137@20hz/400watts per/8cabinets/1pi.

A bunch of epic10's is a whole lot more reasonable than the 5100/refrigerator...

what do you think mike --- insubnia maxima?? Many folks would love to see something like that if you ever get the time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.