My Eminence omega pro 15 finally gets a luxury home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
some piccys of my diy eminence sub.

000_0005.jpg

000_0006.jpg
Castors just attached, this thing is heavy.

000_0007.jpg
Front grille, was tricky and time consuming. I cut out two interlocking hoops of ply with the router.

000_0008.jpg
The reverse side of the front grille, veneering was tricky and painful!

000_0009.jpg
Pic of it stood up, was constructed out of two whole sheets of 8' x 4' 18mm MDF

000_0010.jpg
I even had a stainless steel name badge laser etched and gave it it's own brand lol Storm force SU-15-600

000_0011.jpg
The rear!

000_0013.jpg
Shot of the redicilous base made from 6 sheets of 18mm mdf.

I'm trying to recover the construction photos from my camera, been playing me up.
Total weight is 88KG and tuned to 30Hz. Enclosure volume is 108 litres.

Veneer is raw north American black wallnut Finished with diamond hard poly varnish.

Size: 27" H, 22" W, 21" D

Last edited:
Powered by a dedicated crown I-T8000 amp with brehinger active x - over

Sounds clean and awsome. What I dont get though is in the params for this driver, Xmax is down as 4.8mm. I'm telling you now, I've had this thing flexing to AT LEAST 20mm with no audiable distortion (to my ear anyway) nor any bottoming out. I shoved one of those car bass cd's up it yesterday, Techmaster PEB's "It came from outer bass" and the last track has a powerful 14 Hz bassline. The cone went crazy without any bottoming out or farting sounds. This thing can almost levitate a carpet!

Can't seem to find the last one you mentioned.
I'm not sure where the 14Hz figure came from. Played it through mine, gave no such thing. I'll need to double check, but I think mine has a subsonic filter...
Double checked. I used the one on youtube, watched the speakers carefully. Nothing on there drops below 30Hz.
I recommend 15 Step by Radiohead, if you want to try to bottom out your sub (hits at just less than 30Hz, but hits hard). Give that a go - start quiet though, slowly turn it up when the bass starts (around 20 seconds in).

Anyway, very nice subwoofer, looks good and will serve you for many years.

Got thinking - the person that recorded it may have had some kind of infrasonic filter in place, so might youtube etc, so chances are that a CD of it will be better.

The thing with pro woofers is that Xmax (linear excursion) is very low, but maximum mechanical excursion is very very high in comparison. The same is true for most hifi gear - my sub is rated at 3mm Xmax (I think that's p/p, but I'm not sure). I can hit 12mm p/p before it bottoms out. Car audio stuff, in contrast, tries to make Xmax as high as possible, so the figures look better.

Chris

Can't seem to find the last one you mentioned.
I'm not sure where the 14Hz figure came from. Played it through mine, gave no such thing. I'll need to double check, but I think mine has a subsonic filter...
Double checked. I used the one on youtube, watched the speakers carefully. Nothing on there drops below 30Hz.
I recommend 15 Step by Radiohead, if you want to try to bottom out your sub (hits at just less than 30Hz, but hits hard). Give that a go - start quiet though, slowly turn it up when the bass starts (around 20 seconds in).

Anyway, very nice subwoofer, looks good and will serve you for many years.

Sorry, It's on It came from outer bass 2...... track 18 "bass out". Remeasured 14 hz it is :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.