2.5" Subwoofer??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know sounds strange But I am in need of a 2.5" subwoofer thats not a typo. I have a speaker systemn that has a dual ported 2.5" subwoofer but it lacks anything even kind of deep. I know its tiny as can be and tiny woofers are not good at deep bass, I know my speakers very well, So I know finding a 2.5" subwoofer that can hit down to atleast 65hz is unlikely but I want one, it needs to be atleast 10 watts rms and hit at least down to 65hz please help me out. it has to be that size no other size will work.

I have a speaker systemn that has a dual ported 2.5" subwoofer but it lacks anything even kind of deep
If you're going to stick a different 2,5" driver into the exact same enclosure, performance will most likely still be enclosure-dictated. Unless you change the tuning and/or increase the volume it might just be an increase in cost not deep bass.

Regards Johan

i have(unfortunately) researched and tested an abnormal amount of time on finding a small size subwoofer and came to the conclusion that a sealed 6"-8" cubed box is the smallest enclosure that will produce lower bass hz's, but will need more watts to drive it.

any horn will have to have a larger speaker or longer horn path to make sub bass. along my path of discovery i found that 4" bass speakers could reproduce, down to about 60-80hz, in a 6" wide horn configuration with the horn path around 4 meters long. using a coiled design the space was similar to some regular speaker enclosures, but with a lot smoother(less distortion)response and extremely more efficient.

ultimately the cheapest solution is to find something second hand that fits your need as raw materials alone would cost you more without adding your time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.