Do tapped horn designs scale?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That would depend on what your definition of right is. How is this so far off from a JBL DD66000, Altec A7-500 Magnificent or Classic Audio Reproductions T-1?
I'm sure if you measure your polar response you will see why, but then maybe your crossover frequency is so low that this spacing is possible. Unless you you listen at very low spl levels I don't think you can cross that low.

I suspect that, "I don't know." or, "I didn't know any better at the time." is closer the truth and that's a perfectly fine answer.

Was just curious, sorry for the derail.

Last edited:
I was looking at Volvotreter's 38Hz Tangband Tapped Horn using a 6" driver. Tangband also makes a 8" driver. Given I have no design software and I know the dimensions of the 6" horn cabinet, can I just scale the dimension up to fit the 8" driver? Correct me if I'm totally off here, but I was thinking the 8" would go lower and still not be a huge cabinet like a 12" or 15" would be. I could even fit two in my system if needed.

I too would be interested in a slightly larger version which uses the Tang 8" or even the Tang 8" x 12". Something perhaps a little smaller than the SS15 (Single Sheet Challenge)

I can get a pair of Eminence Lab12's for $160, that's also a possibility, but still want it a little smaller than the SS15

35HZ to 120HZ would be cool.

Very nice! I didn't even realize this thread has been dead for an entire year. Oh well. MgSr, can you post the website where you found the plans to build that double folded horn please? It looks like a fairly straight forward build and I just so happen to have a load of MDF laying around. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.