Subs you can see from space!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Little did I know, the satellite that google gets it pictures from captured me setting up for a party in my backyard. Upper right are my subs.

subsfromspace.png
DSC00977 (Modified).JPG
yard1.png

yard2.png

Last edited:
are those autotubas?

Yup. 16" width and height instead of 14" and using the Eminence HL10C (long may it be remembered).

The crown is a reference II. About the heaviest amp they ever made. The last live sound gig these did I used three channels off a pair of QSC PLX2402 for 3600 watts on the subs that were hard limited to much below that. They sounded nice.

Many small front loaded horns when run as a pack are mighty dangerous. The calculator says 143 dB max SPL at 110 Hz. I was measuring them once, but could barely take them beyond 20V (600W total for all six) cause it was feeling like the fillings in my teeth were going to fall out. So I never got to test power compression limits. F3 is 36Hz on the group. F10 is 29Hz.

Here's a shot from their last real outing.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

10"s

so the low end cabs are tuba horns with 10" eminence in them??

Yup. 16" width and height instead of 14" and using the Eminence HL10C (long may it be remembered).

The crown is a reference II. About the heaviest amp they ever made. The last live sound gig these did I used three channels off a pair of QSC PLX2402 for 3600 watts on the subs that were hard limited to much below that. They sounded nice.

Many small front loaded horns when run as a pack are mighty dangerous. The calculator says 143 dB max SPL at 110 Hz. I was measuring them once, but could barely take them beyond 20V (600W total for all six) cause it was feeling like the fillings in my teeth were going to fall out. So I never got to test power compression limits. F3 is 36Hz on the group. F10 is 29Hz.

Here's a shot from their last real outing.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.