How to paint my bass speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to colored bass speaker, because he is old and faded.
I know the method Overcoating membrane adhesive for wood in the ratio 1:1.
Can then be colored with any paint, even car paint.
I've heard that so gets tougher bass and a series of lower resonant frequency.
The only drawback is the thesis of membrane, which makes the work of suspension, and a lack of high tones.
What is your knowledge and how can I paint membrane speaker?

With paper cones, fountain pen ink might work, and I don't think it would add any detectable weight. It should be easy to apply with a small paintbrush.

Thinned white glue (like Weldbond, or probably Lepages) made a paper cone look shiny and dark. It may have stiffened it, and probably added a little bit of weight. I did this to an orphan yard sale CTS 8" woofer for no particular reason.

With paper cones, fountain pen ink might work, and I don't think it would add any detectable weight. It should be easy to apply with a small paintbrush.

Thinned white glue (like Weldbond, or probably Lepages) made a paper cone look shiny and dark. It may have stiffened it, and probably added a little bit of weight. I did this to an orphan yard sale CTS 8" woofer for no particular reason.

20 years ago I saw some 12" woofers spray painted. The dust cover, surrounds and frame were properly masked with tape before spraying.

The guy didn't measure the response before and after but we couldn't "hear" any significant difference.

Now for the reason. He was young and wanted them to look like boobs so he painted them "ti77y Pink". Ah the good old days of ignorant youth. I laughed although I would have never had the guts to do that myself.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thinned white glue (like Weldbond, or probably Lepages) made a paper cone look shiny and dark. It may have stiffened it, and probably added a little bit of weight.

I do this all the time with paper cones (using modpodge as i feel it remains a bit more flexible than wood glue PVA formulations). If i want colour i use food colouring. Black is a bit trickier. Black inks are actually blue, so i usually use that in conjunction with a bit of black acyilic paint.

Speaker Tweeks -- Puzzlecoat & Ductseal

dave

Thanks friends!
The goal, why would it painted because it would thus get the look beautiful cones.
Second, because it would thus old received solid cones means in some way would reparationI.
I know it will be harder for the cones, and this applies exclusively to the cones of the paper.
Experiences of other say that the best fairy tale with black paint (coating means wood).
Others dissolve glue for wood and water in the ratio 1:1.
Then paint another color, and it seemed to be beautiful.
And the sound is firmly-stronger.
Cao!

To a great idea.
Visaton has such a tool to repair paper cone, black in color.
The advantage of proceeding with wood glue and then paint is that the paper cone becomes stronger-rigid, then the paint can be any color and say either.
Signs and car paint can, the only disadvantage of this procedure as paper cone becomes the thesis and speaker can no longer so high to play and speaker becomes less sensitive.
Say this because most of the cone are aging time, have lost elasticity, and the question is what color tattoo will be given evenly applied to the cone, or may remain colorful cone, means perhaps would have patches, and it would be ugly.
Thanks for the tip!

This would blacken the cone nicely
VCut.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.