diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofers (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/)
-   -   CSS Trio8 Recommendations (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/156167-css-trio8-recommendations.html)

layertone 4th December 2009 06:00 PM

CSS Trio8 Recommendations
 
Thinking about this 8" driver,

Creative Sound - Product Details

Any recommendations for the best enclosure output (ported, tapped, etc?)

Thanks :)

Henkjan 5th December 2009 02:45 PM

I have them in a small (~15 liter) sealed box with a LT to 30Hz, q=0.5 and they absolutely shine. with the large correction not recommended for HT for even the Trio8 will run out of steam, but for music excelent. if you want it for HT, then ported or with PR is probably your best choice, or a well filtered TH.

planet10 5th December 2009 04:40 PM

I here there is a tapped horn coming for these. I'm going to put mine in a sealed box -- a bit bigger than Henkjan thou.

dave

layertone 7th December 2009 04:11 PM

Thanks Dave & Henkjan, Any pictures of your sealed box?

the tapped horn sounds interesting & i've been out of tune for a while, are you developing this tapped horn, Dave?

CSS/XBL 7th December 2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 2002871)
I hear there is a tapped horn coming for these. I'm going to put mine in a sealed box -- a bit bigger than Henkjan thou.

dave

Hi,

The design that is nearing completion is for a pair of TRIO8s and the plans will be sold with the drivers. Pictures, measurments, etc. are forthcoming.

Bob

layertone 9th December 2009 04:18 PM

Thanks Bob! Can't Wait!! :p

bayseven 5th January 2010 06:53 PM

Any Progress
 
Just wondering on how things are going with the design? Looking at building, but being in Canada would like to use speakers (CSS) that are easy to get without high priced shipping.

CSS/XBL 5th January 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayseven (Post 2036124)
Just wondering on how things are going with the design? Looking at building, but being in Canada would like to use speakers (CSS) that are easy to get without high priced shipping.

Hi,

I'm waiting for Mark to send me the cabinets he's designed for a pair of TRIO8s and then we'll likely make a special series of kits available.

The cold weather and Mark's empolyment have slowed things sown a little.

Bob

PB2 6th January 2010 05:07 PM

I simulated a pair in a 55l vented box as a comparison. It would be worth building it as a baseline to compare in listening tests to any new "exotic" design: TRIO8 "Unhorn" Proof Of Concept - Home Theater Systems - Electronics and Forum - HomeTheaterShack

masser120 13th January 2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkjan (Post 2002734)
I have them in a small (~15 liter) sealed box with a LT to 30Hz, q=0.5 and they absolutely shine. with the large correction not recommended for HT for even the Trio8 will run out of steam, but for music excelent. if you want it for HT, then ported or with PR is probably your best choice, or a well filtered TH.

I'm also thinking of getting a CSS cube. Whether I would take this one, a 10" cube, 12" or maybe even 15", I don't know. And when is also a question.

However, Henk-Jan, how did you get them delivered to the Hollandlands? Direct order from CSS? How was the shipping? Or did you get them in a store and if so, which? Speaker & Co delivers the SDX 10 / 15, however at an amazingly high price compared to the canadian version (2.2x the price!).


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2