Eminence omega pro 15 professional series (blue label)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hiya chaps n chapesses, been away for a while.
I have an eminence omega pro 15 professional series bass driver thats been collecting dust for a while now. I used it in experimenting with large 3 way designs and had masses of fun with the severe thump this driver produced.

My question is: can this badboy be used to create a vented subwoofer because although the unit is 15 years old it would be a shame to sell it on for peanuts. theres nothing physically wrong with the driver and has never really been hammered.

These are the params I found for the driver and have never really built a sensible box for this driver, It's been a (muck about with) driver for all It's life.

Resonant Frequency (fs) 33Hz
DC Resistance (Re) 5.28
Coil Inductance (Le) 1.04mH
Mechanical Q (Qms) 5.69
Electromagnetic Q (Qes) 0.33
Total Q (Qts) 0.32
Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 258.5 liters / 9.1 cu. ft.
Peak Diaphragm Displacement Volume 411cc
Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms) 0.25mm/N
BL Product (BL) 17.5 T-M
Diaphragm Mass inc. Airload (Mms) 94 grams
Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP) 99
Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 4.8mm
Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 856.3 cm2
Maximum Mechanical Limit (Xlim) 12.2mm

EDIT: My only point of concern would be the distinct lack of Xmax with this unit. I may have to bite the bullet and get a better mor up to date driver

Thank you in advance
Ric! ;)

Last edited:
Thanx again davey, Construction is complete and will post piccys soon. I'm still having trouble getting win isd to work properly.

The results of the build are breath taking. In testing, managed 135dB SPL @ 115 Hz.
The whole thing weighs 167 LBS!!! (REEEEEAL heavy base plynth) Just waiting for my wallnut veneer and nitrocelluose laquer to arrive now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.