Cheap, big drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
"I assume you're using them in open baffles? Can you tell us how you've got them set up (baffle size, crossover points, etc.)? "

actually...no, they are currently in the closed boxes, two per side, that's what I already had, on top of which sits 12" B&C coaxial open baffle
speakers are quite narrow, not so big looking, crossovers are work in progress, I cross two 15" Jamo woofers at 200Hz, coaxials mid and tweeter at 2000Hz
currently having just 8mH and 0.65mH inductors there and 10uF cap plus L-pad for tweeter, minimalistic, the way I like it...it might all change, biamping is next...but the crossover points might stay
I purchased those B&C 12" coaxes for $50 and two 15" Jamo for another $50...these speakers already sound way better than they should...that's the fun part, getting top notch performance for almost nothing
if you want to see some messy pictures, I can take some...
ed

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
"Pics would be nice. How big are the boxes?"

here are some pictures, its a work in progress
left speaker from the front

Attachments

• lsp.jpg
    lsp.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 346
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.