Passive radiator, build your own - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2011, 01:40 AM   #51
djk is offline djk
diyAudio Member

"That won't "tune" it. The resonant frequency will stay the same, it will just reduce output. "

True, it can only damp the cone (reduce the output), changing the mass changes the tuning frequency.
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:46 AM   #52
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Dan Wiggins did some of the preliminary math but, as been pointed out here, Ron Ennega did the really "deep" math (as was usual on the the old "Bass List").
Well, I wouldn't say it was all that deep, but at least it was right, if not fully simplified I wasn't begging for recognition, FWIW, just pointing out a fact. Dan Wiggins and David Hyre were good guys and I used to have lots of productive side conversations with a lot of bass list members back then.

Ah, the basslist - I miss it sometimes, but I used to spend way too much time on it.... Funny there were 7000 members subscribed, and only ~150 moved to the new list - the other ~6850 were all probably too confused about how to unsubscribe
Old 3rd November 2011, 05:11 AM   #53
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron E View Post
Well, I wouldn't say it was all that deep, but at least it was right, if not fully simplified I wasn't begging for recognition, FWIW, just pointing out a fact. Dan Wiggins and David Hyre were good guys and I used to have lots of productive side conversations with a lot of bass list members back then.

Ah, the basslist - I miss it sometimes, but I used to spend way too much time on it.... Funny there were 7000 members subscribed, and only ~150 moved to the new list - the other ~6850 were all probably too confused about how to unsubscribe
I didn't even know they had moved, as AOL's "upgraded" spam filter began blocking the Bass List and I was never able to figure out how to get around it.
When I finally got on the new forum, there weren't many of the former member's left. It was a real shame, as they had some real characters on the old "List".

Best Regards,
Terry

Hide this!Advertise here!