Calling Visaton owners, need help on TIW300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIYaudio, I need some help and opinions on the woofer I bought, TIW300. I know there's not much people talk on this woofer, specs are as below:
Visaton - Lautsprecher und Zubehör, Loudspeakers and Accessories
Currently I' following its minimum ported enclosure(actually is slightly lesser due to cutting and its own volume) around 45l. The bass I only can say is very good and solid and able to blend into my system nicely. Because of its size, now I unable access to my spare tire. If I were to go IB or other type of enclosure setup, will it help? All sorts of help are greatly appreciated.

Visaton has it's own speaker modelling program. You may need to translate the help box, but it's a very good piece of kit.

After a quick look on the software, you can get f6 of 30hz in an 85L box, tuned to 35Hz.

What are you looking for most - SPL or extension?

Last edited:
SPL? Nope, that's not my goal, I'm looking extension if that's what you mean. Actually, prior to have TIW300, I fried W300 before. So when given a chance to buy another woofer, I just try Visaton's high end line ups. Compare to W300 which very hard to tame, TIW300 is very easy to. But still its enclosure takes out all my boot space which I'm not that happy with it.
I'm thinking if is possible to make a 200-300l enclosure for the woofer....
Am downloading their software, but heck, I don't know German. Anyway thanks for your help.

Thanks again(really appreciate it), but still everything is in German. It is not fair that I keep on asking questions(which defeat the purpose of DIY, right?) while there's other softwares that may help.
The main reason I open this thread is to see got how many people are using this fellow and type of enclosure used(hope to see someone using IB with success).
Visaton drivers are special as they require alot of enclosure volume to drive nicely. I'm using SC4ND, FR10, WS17E as front stage and they do sound good if were compare to other drivers that cost X2 or even X3 from its price.

I'll admit it does take some getting used to.

Quick helper -

Datei - File (has things like new project, save project etc)
Chassis & Einbau - first one under this determines box dimensions, driver positions on the box (links being left, rechts being right, vorn being front).
Chassis 1 (or 2, 3, 4 etc), gives you access to choose the number of speakers, what speakers and enclosures they're in etc. Don't worry if the box volume you give them doesn't comply with the dimensions of the box that you state.
Verstaker 1 - gives access to amplifier options - 2nd option gives you the circuit diagram for your set-up. When you open this, left click on a box, you get wire. Right click and you get options for various components. These are self-explanatory because it gives you the units. Verstaker is amplifier.

Put those in and you'll end up with a decent start on your project. Examples of amplifier input attached.

HTH
Chris

PS - I'm using 2x the W130S 8ohm, 35L box tuned to 46Hz, with an FRS8M XO at 300hz.

Attachments

• Future, with notch schem..JPG
    Future, with notch schem..JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 174
Well, X3 of the cost but it gives you X3 of the posion. For now, I'll just keep the woofer as it is until I get material to change enclosure. May go for IB if possible(able to cut straight but not circle, so have to wait for my friend to have that time). As after let others to listen, got another problem. Now the soofer is the main actor while others are not important....

I see.... What I can tell you is, this fellow actually is not suitable for car applications. When setting it to full blast(from my Hu's volume normal listening at -25dB to -6dB), it do give me a very solid punch but I can't listen to that level for long, the most is 5minutes before my head start cracking due to the punching pressure.
Now I'm still thinking do I need to ditch all of my current drivers and upgrade them to high end. As you said, money does not come easy, especially current economy downturn. But I do have the chance to audit every 1 of the drivers as I know him well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.