My first DIY Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone!

This is my first effort at a DIY subwoofer. This sub was designed with the generous help and advise from the bass enthusiasts on this forum. Any comments and suggestions appreciated!

The driver - Rockford Fosgate RFR3115 subwoofer
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The plan - Thanks to Bjorno
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I chose to use 1" thick marine plywood instead of MDF to reduce the weight of the sub, due to its size. Needed about 1.5 sheets for the design.

Glueing the sides. I used a lot of bracing to reduce panel vibration from colouring the sound.

Despite my best efforts, this thing is crazy big.

I used two cross braces for the woofer magnet bracing. I have read that it helps to clean up the sound. Also works as additional bracing.

The wheels are on! Another view of the magnet bracing.

I used deans connector for for the wire between the amp and driver for easy disconnection.

All assembled!

I left the top open to fine tune the line stuffing.

I have yet to fasten the top, left it open for tuning and stuffing. What would be a good approach to stuffing this baby? Should i line the sides with foam, or fill the line with polyfill?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.