diy subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the Lowther is very efficient.
It will be impossible to achieve low frequency bass from a driver that can get close to the sensitivity of the Lowther.

If you cut the LF requirement then high efficiency mid bass drivers can get near there.
If you need bass extension then you must use much lower sensitivity drivers and they will demand much higher drive voltages.

What he said.

Some Pro drivers horn loaded would come close (I think), but the extension wouldn't be brilliant.

How much power do you have on tap to work with? If it's not much, you'll be looking at some kind of horn, with more power, you can make the build simpler and use less efficient drivers.

thanks to all
my problem is that I can"t find on internet something will match Lowthers
So question are
-anyone have expirience
-should I tray with something like full range horn with passive cross
-full range bass reflex with active cross and strong amp
Untill now I tray few subs from market but all of them was budget subs and result was :eek:
I must to mention that 2A3 have only few wats if I go passive

regards

..my problem is that I can"t find on internet something will match Lowthers..

Hi,

FYI,A single 105 L T-TQWT using a 15” Ciare 15.00SW will probably SPL match your Lowther speakers if placed close to a wall, near a corner using about equal input power level.

b

Attachments

• Ciare 15.00SW-T-TQWT.GIF
    Ciare 15.00SW-T-TQWT.GIF
    183.1 KB · Views: 307
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.