how to make subwoofer hole smaller?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok so i went and bought a 12" woofer, I put it in my 12" subwoofer box and it doesnt fit tight, the sub seems slightly small, however i measured my sub and its exactly 12in. The sub that used to be in this box was 12" from manufacturer. i measured it, seems it is like 12" and a few milimeters, any ideas how I can make the hole abit smaller? a few milimeters will do.

Last edited:
ok so i went and bought a 12" woofer, I put it in my 12" subwoofer box and it doesnt fit tight, the sub seems slightly small, however i measured my sub and its exactly 12in. The sub that used to be in this box was 12" from manufacturer. i measured it, seems it is like 12" and a few milimeters, any ideas how I can make the hole abit smaller? a few milimeters will do.

In order to make a hole in wood smaller, typically you need a board stretcher... It's also very useful when you cut that board twice, and it's still too short. :)

However, if you just need a good tight seal to the box, a strip of this applied to the back of the driver, is just the ticket.
MD Building Products 1/4 In. x 1/2 In. x 17 Ft. Gray High Density Foam Weatherstrip Tape - 02279 at The Home Depot

In all seriousness (joking above aside) The easiest way to accomplish what you are looking to do (if it is actually necessary) is to cut a very thin strip of hardwood the width of the thickness of your driver baffle, and then polyurethane glue it in place. If you only need a couple millimeter, you may even look at using some solid wood veneer for this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.