Empty molded cabinets?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, looking for For Sale in the US.
I actually emailed a few China manufacturers but no replies.
Also, go one left of your link and I will swear that is what I have.
The tops in this pic
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Are some empty cabs that I loaded with Eminence parts. 15" with 1 3/8 compression driver. They sound great. Specially for the amount of $ I spent on them. Sub $200 total.

Just wanted to see what is available.

I got mine through Martin Audio.
Though the ones listed on erse are identical and are a few dollars cheaper.

I have 8 of the 15".
I loaded with a custom crossover and Eminence beta 15A and ASD1001S drivers (3.5K xover). For the $ they sound good. I do wish I had the $ for a better compression driver though as I do EQ them.

I might try a pair of the 12"
with better components.

nuts... I was hoping you had found a good chi-wan-eeze source for cabinets.

erse and msp are within a buck of each other on that cabinet price.

MSP is free ship on $1500 or more, other than that, they (and erse) are about $25-$30 ship per cabinet... ouch.

I hear you on the eminence 1001 comp driver, I'm not a fan. The selenium 220 series is MUCH better. It's the comp I use in my hs12 tops.

What I'd really like is to find an injection molded cabinet like my hs12 with a midbass horn... but I think that is a pipe dream.

I'm getting lazy on building boxes.....

Flip:
For this install, it got to be crunch time and I had to have something 'now.'
These are going in tomorrow.

Bonus points if you can accurately identify what these are....

Attachments

• Picture 054a.JPG
    Picture 054a.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 174
Ugly?

LOL

Looks like a ramsa shape but no horn.
Peavey PR sub esk cabient.
Never seen that type of oval speaker stack mounts.

What is it and what went into it?

Happy New year

Black spandex stretched over the front of a standard cabinet is what you are seeing. I have issues with people hearing with their eyes, so the first thing I always do, is make sure no one knows what brand they are listening to... so they have to use their ears...

Plugging one port to lower the cabinet tuning got rid of some 120hz bump and brought up the 80hz by 6db, so it'll work for this install.... where (gasp) I'm not supposed to be installing subs.

Behringer Eurolive - or not?

Yo bassiklee. I’m really happy for you. I’ma let you finish but db Technologies had one of the best plastic speaker cabs* of all time. One of the best speaker cabs of all time!

* that looks like JBell's plastic box

I agree, they look very Behringer Eurolive.

[image]Behringer Eurolive B212D Großansicht 2[/image]

Or like db technologies basic line

[image]http://www.deejayladen.com/Content/Artikelbilder/2/22/220/220946_2_x.jpg[/image]

I suspect they are all from the same factory. Maybe there are a few others waiting out there to be found.

See the shape of the interlocking feet (top and bottom) - but does anyone really stack these?

Regards, Ben

FlipC - aiming of Tops

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi FlipC,

Having heard a lot about cross-firing to avoid constructive / destructive interference, i.e.e comb-filtering, I am wondering whether you have tried setting the tops up with less than a 180 degree angle, so that their lobes are firing across each other, as opposed to next to - supposedly this is better, but as this is knowledge gained on another forum, I am never sure what to believe!

Regards, Ben

Funny cause in the picture the setup is like that.
The picture is of just the left side. Notice the right speaker fires toward the table (red cloth -center of floor) So both right and left sides inner speakers are turned in about 45 degree's in from center.
The outer speakers are about 10-15 degree's
out. Notice there is the long wall on the left hand side. Right side has this also. Didn't want reflections off that until rear of room.

Normally the out speaker would be a bit higher
for distance coverage but that venue has a corner stage with dance floor surrounding it. So 3 sides. Was a 300 person wedding reception. The space kept asking me to turn it down.

I setup what I think will work.
Do a 180 degree walk about during sound test at medium and long distance.
Adjust if anything doesn't sound right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.