whats type of subwoofer is good

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:rolleyes:Hi friends
I collect 2pcs 5.5inch driver unit. Which is good for only low frequency output or suitable for sub woofer and I have decided to build a good subwoofer but many enquiry I cannot decide whats type of subwoofer is better with this type of woofer, I prefer transmission line but no one says this is the best. I need deep clean bass it should be broad spectrum in bass frequency. What can I do?

Thanks for rep; Mr Dave, and also thanks for useful links, I will try to measure the woofer but it will be few parameters what’s I can do. Now I give some photograph of woofer
Thanks

Attachments

• 011020091392.jpg
    011020091392.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 357
  • 011020091393.jpg
    011020091393.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 335
  • 011020091394.jpg
    011020091394.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 325
Thanks Mr sfdoddsy for your links
Steve's DIY Dipole. Here I can get lot of idea’s I want to try to build the design give with attached file, that enclosure uses 5.5 inch driver the cone was like poly carbonate or like plastic cone. I was collecting this old enclosure with driver. Its bass was very deep and I was very wondered that all deep bass comes from port. When I closed the port the deep bass stops totally and open it, its remain back with deep bass. It was not only for subwoofer it has fixed with dome tweeter. And bass tests like 10-12inch woofers produced bass. But some how I lost them. I am 100 present sure the Daline+B110 is same design as that thing was. That’s why I interested for TL enclosure and also I have 5.5inch driver.
thanks.

Attachments

• Daline_b110_1.jpg
    Daline_b110_1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 263
Thanks for rep; Mr Dave, and also thanks for useful links, I will try to measure the woofer but it will be few parameters what’s I can do. Now I give some photograph of woofer
Thanks

Those look vaguely similar to the TangBand W6-1320 6.5" Subwoofers I have 4 of. TangBand makes even smaller "Sub"woofers than that, like 2" square. Crazy I know but they are still "Sub"woofers as per specs and performance.

Without T/S parameters or the brand and model of the drives its impossible to know how they are gonna perform best. What else do you know about them? What did the boxes look like that they came in? Maybe someone will recognize them and have the info.

That driver just by looks probably has a relatively high xmax for its size, and it probably came out of a small computer sub. I know we can wish and wish for t/s parameters for it, but we won't get them all from this guy, that much is for sure.

Really, just slap it into a .5ft^3 sealed box, stuff it full of pillow stuffing or polyfill, and see what happens. If it didn't work well, you're out $3 of plywood, and then you can go buy a real deep bass woofer. If it does happen to work well, which it very well could down to about 80hz or so, then awesome for you and your practically free sub!

I don't think he should be so discouraged. I've gotten great results out of random drivers, and I don't think every driver that doesn't have t/s para's should be avoided. A good rule of thumb there is to build a relatively large box for the driver size and the xmax it appears to exhibit.

Best of luck to you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.