Little genie subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently I came across Genelec 1091A subwoofer at a freinds place. It sweept me off my feet , with it's performance and unique design. It is slot ported, but the driver is also mounted inside a narrow slot on the other side. I fail to understand i'ts alignment. Will someone enlighten me on this

Recently I came across Genelec 1091A subwoofer at a freinds place. It sweept me off my feet , with it's performance and unique design. It is slot ported, but the driver is also mounted inside a narrow slot on the other side. I fail to understand i'ts alignment. Will someone enlighten me on this

Seems that you are talking from a horn loaded double chamber bandpass...
First chamber is, as mentioned, simple ported, while the second chamber is build up as a short horn.
The short horn has a higher sensitivity compared to a simple ported chamber, which normally is used in standard double vented designs, in addition the low frequency peak of the first chamber benefits from horn loading the second chamber and will be boosted up as well.
greez

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.