2.1 DT project, help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
This being the first time I have used a forum I hope I am doing everything correct! :)
well I am doing DT for GCSE and I am going to make a 2.1 system for my project and if im honest i dont know anything about making speakers and stuff but im in to it now and I still want to give it my best shot!
I could really do with a list of all the components i will need to make a subwoofer with 2 sspeakers coming off of that. I plan to have the sub with a 3.5 jack to plug ipods pc or whatever, this then going into a sub amp? on back which will then go off to both speakers.And i plan to put sound responsive lights into the front of speakers and sub but that is seperate to the speaker stuff. so yeh if that makes sense and like what power amp do i need to get GOOD volume from even ipods, cause sometimes they are quiet on speakers-i dont want this!
was thinkin bout Fountek FW168 6.5" woofers?
I did see Keiga KG-3100 2.1 amp, would this be powerfull enough, is there anythin cheaper?
any particular recommended parts would be gr8
and I need to keep price a low as possible without having rubbish stuff! :)
Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.