Logitec Z-5300 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I am new here, so im sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I recently purchased a logitec z-5300 system at a garage sale. The only problem is that it is missing the volume control thing. It seems as tho this is the only way to get the thing to work. If any if you guys know of a way around this I would very much appreciate some help. I really wanna use these speakers, but I dont have the tech know how to make them work.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks a lot!
BLARGAG!!!

BLARGAG!!! said:
Sorry to say this.... but that didnt help at all. I would like someone to TELL me how to bypass said internal amp. I have no clue how to do that.

Well, you drill a hole in the side, run some speaker wire in and hook it up to the speaker and power it with an external amp. ;)

I have a Creative Megaworks THX550 in similar condition, found it, found you need a controller that you can't get, and it sits on a shelf in my garage waiting for some time to figure it out or cannibalize the sub from it. It supposedly has a 550W 5.1 channel MASH amp in it...

The controller has blinky lights and presumably a microprocessor, so I doubt it would be as easy as just shorting pins on the connector, but who knows?

z5500 thread may help

Have you seen this thread?

It deals primarily with the z5500, but I believe several people have been working on the z5300 and posting there. You'll need to figure out the pin-out on the DB-15 plug that connected the controller pod to the sub/amp (assuming the z5300 uses the same general connection mechanism). I haven't kept up with this thread, but you might take a peak if you haven't already done so.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.