High efficiency 25hz sub - driver tips?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Defo said:
Looking for an high efficiency sub driver (93db+) which can do 115db at 25 hz, and a maximum 150 liters enclosure. Around 300 usd per driver / pair.

Any recommendations? :)
115dB at 25Hz half space is about 2000cc of displacement. A 12" will need to Xmax 4cm to do that, an 18" 1.6cm. A few of the pro 18's can do it, but their Fs is typically too high and may not work in a box that size.

Seems you are wanting a driver that will break Hoffman's Iron Law an do it for small $. Unlikely to happen.

Go look at Illka's subwoofer tests and see what can actually be achieved.
Sub tests.

Re: Re: High efficiency 25hz sub - driver tips?

Brett said:
115dB at 25Hz half space is about 2000cc of displacement. A 12" will need to Xmax 4cm to do that, an 18" 1.6cm. A few of the pro 18's can do it, but their Fs is typically too high and may not work in a box that size.

Seems you are wanting a driver that will break Hoffman's Iron Law an do it for small $. Unlikely to happen.

Go look at Illka's subwoofer tests and see what can actually be achieved.
Sub tests.

Hmm....

Ive modelled Eminence kappalite 3012LF in bassbox, and it gets pretty close if the simulations is correct. Ill take a look at that link though! :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I would look at either PrecisionDevices or RCF

Both have a few with low Fs around 27hz
And tune for 30hz

As I recal they have better Xmax than Eminence

Pro woofers with even more Xmax cost more

Why so loud anyway
Dont you want to keep you hearing for long
I can tell you that damaged hearing can be very painful
Besides, a building could easily be damaged as well

Such SPL are for outdoor use, or at least not small rooms

JBL 2226H seems to handle my demands. At least according to my simulations.

I allready use a pair in my mains, but they are about to be switched to something smaller, so I might as well use one for sub duty :) The rising response needs to be equalized ofc. As well as a high pass filter at 26hz to protect the driver from overexcursion at frequenzies below fb.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

mteinum said:
That is a important part of the simulation....

Why is that? When fb is chosen, then vent size will be calculated accordingly. Whether or not I use one, two or three vents. Allthough the software should show 1, and not 0 even before I have manually specified it. Makes no difference for the simulations though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.