The wining formula for a reflex B139 cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am rehabilitating a pair of B139's that are not ready to go to pasture.

Qts 0.35
Qt .37
Qe 0.4
Qm 5.5
Vas 164
FsHz 25.0

Using any number of the box type enclosure calculators I am recommended to a 3.25cu.Ft box and a 3.89"x9.5" tube vent.

I tried getting access to the Miller TL site to get numbers that I could use for another view of the venting and volume of such a reflex box but found the site was now closed. Should I consider a taller rectangle, that starts looking like a horn to the speaker.

Would some kind soul with access to this spread sheet run these number for the B139?

Thank you in advance.
Bruce

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
And an ML-Voigt drawing i did for another's design

dave

Attachments

• kitt-b139-mlv.gif
    kitt-b139-mlv.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 418
Rocket Surgery

It has been about 25 years since I constructed any audio and it is big fun seeing what has developed. You are incredibly generous with your time and expertise. I do appreciate this drawing.

I have an existing 5 sided cabinet I think I can modify once I figure how to translate the locations and dimensions. It is likely big enough to work this out internally. I built it in the early 80's as compensation for being a graduate student and unable to afford the KEF 105/4's that were so far outside my reach. I substituted the B139 but had T-52 and B-200 in the separate spherical/tube enclosures giving it an R2D2 robot look. No neon but trey New Wave.

While my tastes have turned to tubes from 300 pound Hafler's, I have missed this speaker and have taken it out of moth balls. The Falcon cross-over that tied it together appears to be hanging in there and I thought I would tune this old friend up a bit.

Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.