subwoofers included but not sure where to post....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Ok, I've been on a tight, tight budget since I sold my big stereo and had kids. I had 4 towers, 4 subs, huge center and 2 bookshelf surrounds. I know the brand sucked but it's Nuance. And no i didnt overpay bought used but the price was good.

Anywhoo.. that was to let you know my main old system. Now onto my budget system. Based on logitech/energy encore2's.

Ok, so Here was my setup I had a Logitech sub 120rms and 2 sattellite speakers 40wrms each i think. Then i Picked up a Z400, which consists of, 180rms sub, and i think 40w rms satellites (4).

Then I hooked my aura bass shakers up to my amp (through the port) wired in a series at 8 ohms, but I overloaded my amp. I didnt realize i was putting a 16 ( i think ) ohm load on it. As it was connected to a 8 ohm sub, then wired to 8 ohms for the 2 bass shakers. (50W Pro's).

Everything is hooked up via RCA to Stereo jack, then split to the systems.

Since that amp blew, I kept the sub/box, and the 4 speakers. So now I Re-split to a sony amp which powers my 4 Energy encore2's.

So basically the logitech's are my subs and the encores are my fronts.

I have 3 aura bass shakers, and picking up tomorrow a Logitech Z-2200 system, The reason is I'm going to unhook the sub and use the amp to power my 2 aura bass shakers. I'll re-wire them for a 8 ohm load and then unhook the sub/2 satellites so that amp is powering the bass shakers alone.

Sorry for the long speal here, but what do you think? It shakes my wall and floor a bit, sounds great, the encore's are good (to believe they almost threw them away, I got them for free, (had to add so you can see the budget part of my system was a total cost of.. 260 total))

I can hook up my 4 satellites to the Z-400's and have 8 fronts basically.

LASTLY..

I was thinking on hooking up a computer to the front again with a 5.1 sound card, so I can stereo jack the 2 back speakers into surround, the fronts being the 4 logitech sattelites, and the 4 encore2's being my center for better clarity.

So what do you think?
Thanks for reading this, It may be a little confusing, I hope not but Next year I'm going to buy a nice xpensvie HDMI amp and use the encore2's properly, along with the satellite speakers I will unhook them and use them as surrounds. Then buy a proper sub and convert the rest into a car system.

I don't think the load you put on the amp was 16ohm. This wouldn't have blown it, so you would have gone the other way, to 4ohms perhaps...

It all sounds like you're going to need a lot of wires. if you power everything with the Sony, you should be Ok.

With that many speakers, you could go for a 7.1 surround...

I've been in similar situations, with lots of powered speakers and a computer.

Good luck with it. Mess around with it until the sound couldn't be any better, then sit back and enjoy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.