Which driver for Jensen Imperial bass cab?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yammie 3882B

What about the Yammie 3882b ? i think b stands for balltearer, they are an absolute monster.
From the japanese PDF,
Fs 30Hz
Qts .1
vas 296 Litres
VC 100mm
a beautiful looking speaker, it is a shame to put them in a box.
I've got 6 of them, i will sell a pair of them.
Peter.

p.s it is a 15" driver 102dB 1 Watt according to the nips.

Cal...that woofer looks good.

Peter...I was thinking of the Jensen Imperial 'Build In'

This one -

http://www.dcaudiodiy.com/jensen_imperial/page_11.jpg

Normally, I build cabinets using CNC routing. I have a guy in the US who's requested a Jensen...but at 8/10 the size. He'll use them resting on their sides...and place HF horns on top.

But for me, I just want to trial one cabinet using ply to test the bass response. I'm doing this because I have someone inquiring about a bass horn because he's crackers on organ music. He lives/breaths that opening track from A Space Odyssey 2001 where the organ grumbles away at below 30Hz.

Happy to consider a pair of your drivers. Please PM me or email alt@creationaudio.com.au

Kind regards.

Andrew.

Decware Imperials

I can vouch for the Decware Imperials, I built a pair of them for our old house. Using one of the Yammies and a P-Audio BM co-ax. They really do deliver what Steve promises with the design.
If we had room in our new house i'd definitely build another pair.
Peter.
I should add that the twin driver setup is truly scary, i had a pair of Altec 210's with the same driver compliment. No contest, the Decware killed em dead. Although when the 210's were cut in half they sounded a lot better.

the BM's are BM15CXA, they are sitting in my cupboard waiting for another box. The CXA is a magic speaker, i think it is due to the smaller coil in the bass unit, they go higher and don't sound chesty in the mids, unlike the old tinny tannoys. They love power, lotsawatts and very clean and earachingly loud.
An open baffle might be the way to go with these, with a nice dipole bass.
Peter.

Just thought I'd share:

This weekend I installed a built-in version of the Jensen Imperial (design by Steve from Decware) in my customer's media room (10' x 30' x 30') and I'm loading it with the B and C 21SW152 21" subwoofer.

I added 10db parametric EQ at 20hz with a slow rolloff to 100hz. Sub crossover point is 200hz. Power is supplied by a QSC RMX 4550 in mono-bridge mode. This driver is rated at 4 ohms, which allows the amp's output to climb to somewhere around 2200 watts. Since the driver is designed to handle 2000 watts rms, it's a good match.

Sound quantity/quality is exceptional. I play with tapped horns and thought nothing could beat the performance you can get from them--I was wrong! The Jensen Imperial/B and C combo not only get down into the first octave, it does so with amazing snap and clarity. There are times you can feel the sonics literally push AND SUCK your chest. I've felt positive pressure before, but never negative pressure. It's weird and wonderful.

The driver cost $600.00, but is worth every penny.

Eventually, there will be two horns...OMG!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.