Lab12 - Tapped Horn - - Page 18 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 09:29 AM   #171
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Scottish Borders
another example where an index added to the first post would be very helpful.
__________________
regards Andrew T.
  Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 11:44 AM   #172
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member
 
DrDyna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snailtrax View Post
Does anyone have a cutlist for the Lab 12 tapped horn on the first post of this thread? I have been searching for days and can not, for the life of me find it. If anyone has one could you please post it. Thanks in advance, Bill
By far the easiest way is to use this:

Cut List

I messed with it this morning and came up with what I've attached. This is for MDF or wood where you can ignore the grain direction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lab12 horn cutsheet-grain ignored.jpg (83.4 KB, 484 views)
__________________
"We may have to blast.." -Doc Brown
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 06:19 PM   #173
wingman is offline wingman  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: jylland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDyna View Post
By far the easiest way is to use this:

Cut List

I messed with it this morning and came up with what I've attached. This is for MDF or wood where you can ignore the grain direction.
Great program.

But I may have acess to a CNC machine, it would be nice have a "cnc file" to use.
__________________
bass is music
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 03:55 PM   #174
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member
 
DrDyna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Blog Entries: 3
I made these for my speaker scrapbook, just in case anyone is interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg render-perspective1.jpg (46.6 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg render-perspective2.jpg (49.7 KB, 398 views)
__________________
"We may have to blast.." -Doc Brown
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 08:34 PM   #175
wingman is offline wingman  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: jylland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDyna View Post
I made these for my speaker scrapbook, just in case anyone is interested.
Look great!

What sizes are those?

Are they just models or have you build them?
__________________
bass is music
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 12:33 PM   #176
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member
 
DrDyna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman View Post
Look great!

What sizes are those?

Are they just models or have you build them?
I built a pair of em, it's the same horn that's in post 1, but I used TC Sounds Epic 12s.
__________________
"We may have to blast.." -Doc Brown
  Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 07:47 PM   #177
averyrm is offline averyrm  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
After much searching, I found this design as almost a perfect match for what I'm looking to do.

I'm planning on keeping this behind my couch as it will be well hidden, and good for a shelf when not cranked up too loud. With that in mind, I have some newbie questions:

1) Moving the opening so that it fires straight out (From panel C "Front" to panel F "Bottom) and having the enclosure rest on what used to be the rear wouldn't have a negative impact, correct?

2) Should I plan on mounting a plate amp (say the Bash 300) somewhere on the main enclosure, building a separate addition to house the plate amp, or getting a stand-alone amp?

I recently got into DIY speakers with the Tritrix TL mains and am adding a tritrix center and MT surrounds. This sub, although large, seems like a great value and great addition to my setup.

Thanks for the help!
  Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 08:41 PM   #178
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member
 
DrDyna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by averyrm View Post
After much searching, I found this design as almost a perfect match for what I'm looking to do.

I'm planning on keeping this behind my couch as it will be well hidden, and good for a shelf when not cranked up too loud. With that in mind, I have some newbie questions:

1) Moving the opening so that it fires straight out (From panel C "Front" to panel F "Bottom) and having the enclosure rest on what used to be the rear wouldn't have a negative impact, correct?

2) Should I plan on mounting a plate amp (say the Bash 300) somewhere on the main enclosure, building a separate addition to house the plate amp, or getting a stand-alone amp?

I recently got into DIY speakers with the Tritrix TL mains and am adding a tritrix center and MT surrounds. This sub, although large, seems like a great value and great addition to my setup.

Thanks for the help!
It's a monster, I'm sure you'll love it. Imo, there wouldn't be a problem relocating the mouth as you've suggested. Resting on the rear puts the driver facing down. The driver I used can work like this, however I haven't checked the Lab 12 to know what it's sag % is to know if there would be any adverse effects.
__________________
"We may have to blast.." -Doc Brown
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 02:41 PM   #179
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Bangalore, India
Can someone help me with a 2 folds plan of this TH design just for a higher WAF? Thanks.
__________________
Sam
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 03:48 PM   #180
averyrm is offline averyrm  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDyna View Post
It's a monster, I'm sure you'll love it. Imo, there wouldn't be a problem relocating the mouth as you've suggested. Resting on the rear puts the driver facing down. The driver I used can work like this, however I haven't checked the Lab 12 to know what it's sag % is to know if there would be any adverse effects.
Thanks!

So the Epic 12 will work, how much power are you you sending to it? Would the bash 300 be too large/small?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tapped Horn For Car mwmkravchenko Subwoofers 365 17th November 2011 10:22 AM
help! LARGE tapped horn bubblersound Subwoofers 3 18th June 2009 05:17 PM
Tapped Horn behavior screamersusa Subwoofers 32 21st October 2008 03:31 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:28 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2