Exodus DPL-15s in U baffles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rank amateur here.

Im using a pair of these DIYCable drivers in a couple of U-frame baffles. Essentially these are like cube subs without the backs. They sound fine driven by a plate amp and blend well with some small home-brew speakers , although I plan changing the latter to MarkAudio Alpair 10s in vented boxes as per the website in a week or so.

My query is: I would like to optimise the U baffles and would like to know how to determine the best baffle dimensions for these drivers. Has anyone any experience of these drivers in U or H baffles?

If so, I would appreciate some tips/direction re baffle shape/dimensions.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Cheers

Luigi

Exodus DPL-15 U baffle

Thanks for these references.

From what I can gather, dimensions for these U baffles aren't that important, at least for my application. Most of the references talk about baffle shapes affecting SPLs when the 15s are integrated with the full range drivers, and driven by the same amp.

However, Im driving my 15s from a separate plate amp so can vary volume independently from the mains. Therefore, I may as well just go ahead and make the baffles look nice ie, keep them small, rather than having to shoot for any particular size for the enclosures.

I guess essentially these are just 15 inch drivers on an open baffle anyway.

By the by, they really do sound much better used this way than when in sealed enclosures. Guess that's because they were designed that way!

Looking forward now to boxing up my new MarkAudio Alpair 10 fullrange drivers. These things are wee jewels. Dont know why they claim they are six-inch full range drivers. They're 5 inches, at best! Not much bigger than FR125s really.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.