Subwoofer down to 10Hz and only 1 inch deep!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I came across the following blurb. Has anyone seen and heard this ?

" .....Announcing a Whole New Line of Wraith Speakers...
The FPS32 (24" x 36")............................. $1500 each (plus shipping)
Now get High Definition Sound™ from your Subwoofer. Get a thud instead of mud. The first flat panel Subwoofer with electrostat clarity. Frequency response down to 10 Hz! And it's only one inch thick. "

Check it out at :
http://www.mzx.com/new.html

Hi qquickk,
I thought this thread was dead !:cannotbe:

Great to know you are close by. Let us know what you find out.
Not to mention that everyone WILL expect you to listen to it and report back on what you think about it. Since the demo might be very well done you would need to describe the set up in great detail. We are all waiting with tongue's hanging out !
:D
You are going to be the diyaudio.com ambassador !
;)

PS. Don't just give them a call. Tell them you are COMING OVER to hear a demo and MAKE SURE you carry some CD's that you are familiar with !
Cheers.

I'll bring my own test CD's. I am more into classical, so except for pipe, I am more into the unmuddied presentation of deep bowed strings, and accurate tympani. Piano goes down to 28 Hz and is a cruel judge of imperfection anywhere in a huge range, especially Liszt. I have a design in mind that would use this sub up to 180 Hz, with a Flex 4H and Esotar Tweeter.
I have also found this quandary: Drum is a sealed instrument, cello is a ported instrument. Each sounds best upon their own type of enclosure. So, as usual, you can't have everything. Perhaps this sub will do both?
Well, anyway I'll bring some jazz and other stuff to round out what I can tell you, but I'm no expert on popular music.
I can't walk yet, so it will take a while. As a side note, avoid Dr. Scott Musicant.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.