Black Widow 4ohm Help PLSS Newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.
Great site very helpfull.

Heres My Problem.........

I have a pair of HK LP15 Bass Bins 300WRMS 600WPROG (8 OHM) 1 x 15inch driver in each, the drivers are now a little worn and not in the best condition.

I have aquired 2 nearly new 15inch Peavey Black Widow drivers these are rated at 4 Ohm each 350w RMS.

Would I be able to take the old HK drivers strait out and put in the black widows? and bin off the HK's.

Will they work fine with the internal crossover? in the HK Enclosures.

Will it make any diff using 4 OHM driver with the HK internal crossover that usualy does 8 Ohm?

Do you think it will sound any good?

ANY HELP VERY GREATFULL.......

The bass bins run purely off there own amp as in 1 bass bin to each channel the amp is a peavey 2x400w (or 2x600w@4ohms) (cs800 amp)

so my thinkin 4ohm drivers coupled with an amp that runs better at 4 ohms............

My top full range cabs run off a diffrent amp all together.

Thanks Again
:)

Hi

If your HK bass bins include passive x-overs to give Hi outputs for satelittes and to cut high frequency part from bass drivers... and because the original HK bass drivers are 8Ù, then if you connect 4Ù drivers in x-over, its cut-off frequency should be doubled... e.g. if was 200Hz with 8Ù load, with 4Ù load will become 400Hz. If you haven't audition problem with this, then there is not any significant electronic problem except this, your CS800 will be run most hot and maybe you have occasional thermal shut-down .

Fotios

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.