Box design for W6-1139SI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to mount two pairs of these, Push-Push and side firing, either sealed or vented in one box. I had considered just using the "Boogieman" parameters and reconfiguring them but kinda wanted to use just one vent exiting front instead of two that exit in opposite directions.

I don't have access to any box design programs nor do I have the experience to design a proper box.

If I go with one vent does it need to be equi-distance from each pair of drivers?

Also, I will be using these with a pair of Aiko fullrange speakers so as to provide some bass relief. Musical-ness is the priority as well as a higher crossover point. I'm not trying to complicate the design or build unnecessarily so if sealed is the way to go I'm fine with that.

From what I have found, all of the W6-1139 series, SI, SG, SC etc. have very similar specs.

quad TB-1139si

Hi there: Although unorthodox, your concept seemed workable, so I ran a box design on Thursday, however an trip out of town interviened. You have picked out a wooffer, TB 1139si with an Fs of 35hz, Xmax of 11.5mm and Qts of 0.40. That equates to INTERIOR volume of 1.9 cubic feet for a vented enclosure. I picked INTERIOR dimensions of 10-inches by 14-inches by 27 inches, which provides space for: bracing all sides and the top and bottom, driver displacement, vent volume, fiber glass standing wave dampening all walls. Vent 3-inch diam by 5.4-inches long.

BOX Construction, The drivers can be located on the 10-inch sides and the vent on the 14 inch side, placed in a room on a wall or across a cornner. The vent should be placed at a minimum of 3-inches from any speaker, wall or bottom. Box material 3/4-inch MDF ($30+-/sheet) or Baltic BIrch (really expensive), the sides with the drivers should be double thickness. Brace as above. Vent should be double flared for best results. Hope you have good wood working skills and the wiring of 4 drivers in push-pull series/parellel will be a real challange (consult an expert to get it right!). hope you post your results......regards, Michael

Thanks for all of your hard work, that size box is doable for my room. If you get the time, could you figure out a vented box for just two woofers in a push-push set-up, wired in series for an 8ohm load?
I drew up a sealed box idea of just under 1 cu.ft., 7.5" x 9" x 25" INSIDE dimensions. Sealed is obviously much easier to play with. Thanks again for all of your help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.