Driver recommendation please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 142.5L shiva EBS built to adire audio's specification. This is a PR design so I can put in a 12" downfiring driver or a 15" front firing driver. I have a 250w amp from rythmik audio and I'm looking for the best sealed set up with what I have. My shiva is blown and I might buy rythmik's 15" servo kit but I'm a little tight on money right now (who isn't). What driver would give me great accurate sound with good extension in this box given a $200 budget and using the amp that I have now? I loved the low extension that my current PR sub has but don't like the loose sound it offers. Sound quality being first and output/extension being second in importance. My front sound stage is Paradigm studio 100's V2 with an adcom 200x2 and Outlaw 990. Thanks for your help.

GM

Joined 2003
Yeah, Dan and I agreed to disagree WRT Shiva EBS box size and tuning and the few folks I'm aware that opted for a bigger box tuned lower were quite happy with them AFAIK.

Anyway, find the lowest Fs driver with a Vas, Qts around 142 L/0.4 and the most Vd (Xmax*Sd), peak power rating, or just stick a LAB12 horn driver in it which is just a 'bullet-proofed' Shiva and eventually maybe get an amp upgrade to take advantage of its superior power handling.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.