Left - SubWoofer - Right Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hy.

I want to make this kind of crossover to connect a 12" sub and two sattelites (8" mid + TW) to the power amp.

All the speakers are 8 ohm.

Now. . . i would like the crossover to cut at 150 Hz. The sub must play what's under 150 Hz and the sattelites the rest.

What values would you recommend me for C and L in this case.

I have 64uF and 1.7 mH. Are these values right ?

Do you know a better method to connect these speakers to a stereo power amp ?

Thanks,

Attachments

• filtru.gif
    filtru.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 443
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Ford

I have never seen a passive crossover that will sum the bass from two channels .

Your options are to buy a dual voice coil sub driver, and use a circuit similar to the one below, (this crosses over 1st order 100Hz, and I would not recommend going higher for a single sub), or go active and build a PLLXO from Planet 10's site and get another amp.

Attachments

• untitled 1.png
    untitled 1.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 393
Simple:

Just do this;

1- in one chanel, insert a inverter before the input of the amplifier, using a simple opamp.
2- in the output if this channel, invert the polarity of the speaker.

Here you have the 'magic of this':

connect the sub to the + outputs of both channels.
You can still use the crossovers you design.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Any comments from moamps and pinkmouse? ;) ;)

This is a simple configuration of car audio amplifiers :rolleyes:

Pedro Martins

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
audioPT said:

Any comments from moamps and pinkmouse? ;) ;)

Hi, Pedro

Idea is OK. But, if somebody has knowledge to install inverter between preamp and amp, I think that better idea is implementation active sub.
In passive combination anyway you have big work to do; from huge choke for sub and rest of world to adjustment levels between. Simplest way is active.IMHO

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.