Apex Jr Super 8", Eosone 12, others?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, i want to know if someone know something about these 2 drivers.

I see that Eosone have 91db/SPL, thats nice, but what about sound quality? I want to build 1 subwoofer with 2 drivers or just 2 subwoofers to use in diferents parts or my room.

Thanks for any tip.

Other Driver Recomendation will be appreciated too!

Regards

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I finally got my ApexJr Super 8 sub back intot he system... much better than the 10: sub that it replaced in terms of sonics & integration. Doesn't go down as far (or maybe just not as lumpy), but sitting in the corner it goes planty low for my needs. drivers are fully treated -- they are in a push-push box based on the BR on Steve's site.

dave

Attachments

• apexjr-s8-pp-woofer.jpg
    apexjr-s8-pp-woofer.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 421
planet10 said:
I finally got my ApexJr Super 8 sub back intot he system... much better than the 10: sub that it replaced in terms of sonics & integration. Doesn't go down as far (or maybe just not as lumpy), but sitting in the corner it goes planty low for my needs. drivers are fully treated -- they are in a push-push box based on the BR on Steve's site.

dave

Thanks again for your support, the only that i dont like too much are the Spl=85.22 @ 1w/1m and FS=47.75Hz

The Eosone 12 have SPL is 91db at 1 watt at one meter
and FS - 23.8926 Hz, but im scared abt get too distorsion or bad sound!, looks like the Eosone will go much lower than the ApexJr.
Btw, you know how much power will handle the Apex Jr Super 8?

Eosone can handle just 125WRMS, but will be a lot loud with 91db/SPL

samsagaz said:

Thanks again for your support, the only that i dont like too much are the Spl=85.22 @ 1w/1m and FS=47.75Hz

and FS - 23.8926 Hz, but im scared abt get too distorsion or bad sound!, looks like the Eosone will go much lower than the ApexJr.

The 8"s won't ever go low without a lot of room gain but would be fantastic car subs and certainly seem to have good build quality and quite a bit of output. These are "tiny box" subs, which are not to my taste. Bigger subs don't have the same distortion and thermal issues as the tiny ones, but naturally, you need a bigger box. The Eosone are affordable enough to make a big dual isobaric sub (2 isobaric pairs), which would have the same volume as a single sub for similar enclosure alignment. Do the dual isobaric in a 2' cube, and you'll have tons of low distortion LF output. One thing I might do is attach a small tube to the outside of the magnet on the outer woofers and loosely fill with polyfill or the like, to keep the voicecoil vent noise from getting to the listener.

badman said:

The 8"s won't ever go low without a lot of room gain but would be fantastic car subs and certainly seem to have good build quality and quite a bit of output. These are "tiny box" subs, which are not to my taste. Bigger subs don't have the same distortion and thermal issues as the tiny ones, but naturally, you need a bigger box. The Eosone are affordable enough to make a big dual isobaric sub (2 isobaric pairs), which would have the same volume as a single sub for similar enclosure alignment. Do the dual isobaric in a 2' cube, and you'll have tons of low distortion LF output. One thing I might do is attach a small tube to the outside of the magnet on the outer woofers and loosely fill with polyfill or the like, to keep the voicecoil vent noise from getting to the listener.

I dont have problems about using big boxes.

Abt big dual isobaric sub you means that i will need 4 drivers?

My main problem is the shipping fee! maybe purchase other sub without distortion will save some bucks?

THanks do you think?

Btw, my room is just 30mt^2 (6x5mts)

Im searchinb google abt dual isobaric :)

Originally posted by samsagaz

I doubt that 91 dB is a realistic figure for a sub driver. The Super8's sensitivity sounds about right. Don't let it scare you off. I guesstimate the Super8's power handling capability to be no more than 150W. But in any case, there's not much difference subjectively between 100W and 150W (at least, not as much as the figures suggest). The Super8 performs way better than its price suggests, and it is built like a tank. But it has to be judged on its own merits. As mentioned, it does not go very low. Yet it can do the job in smaller rooms or in a car.

HTH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.