Adding Subwoofer to FE206's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there I have built a set of Solo206's with FE206's in them and I am looking to add a sub. This project is kinda two-fold. I am looking for something small to add to my Solo206' and to add to my fathers angular spirals which have very poor bass volume as discussed here

I was thinking about the 30 or 38 tapped horns as seen in the lower part of this page. My question is whether or not the bass output from these 6 1/2"ers will be enough to keep up with my Solo206'. I would like to wire these in two cabinets in parallel, but I'm not sure how mixing impedance will work ie: the Tangbang is 4ohm while the Fostex is 8ohm.

Thanks

Ryan

didn't you build the spiral due to space problems? that sub will be huge... btw i think once you have a sub than the 206 would sound better sealed than in the spiral...

did you tried the bsc on the spiral already? i think i won't, and rather change enclosure to my AN, anyway on good recordings i was getting bass from them... everything else was the big problem... take a look on the thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137192

someone suggested good enclosures also for the 206 when paired to a sub...

My father chose the spiral due to space & WAF factor. I have another set of spirals for my sister, which space isnt an issue. But the 38Hz model is fairly small in packaging. For myself (Solo206') I was looking for a little more bass support.

I havent tried the BSC yet. I just ordered the parts on Saturday.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.