el pipe-o

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GM

Joined 2003
nuconz said:

ok, i'll bite - how is low Vas determined?

If a T/S max flat alignment requires a vent that's large/long enough to have vent harmonics low enough in frequency (i.e. high amplitude/Q peak) to comb filter with the main's BW and meet the 5% mach vent peak speed limit (~56.5 ft/s (17.22 m/s)) at whatever the predicted power required, then Vas is low, which means many (most?) current drivers fall into this category to minimize box size at the expense of acoustic efficiency. Or you can just arbitrarily use the old rule-of-thumb of ~13.78"/35 cm at rated amp power.

GM

GM

Joined 2003
Moondog55 said:
I'll bite too, for a different reason, what exactly is a tapped QWTL and how does it differ from a tapped horn??

It's a reverse tapered TL (TQWT) except tapped whereas the typical posted TH is a positive tapered tapped TL (horn).

Recently, me and bjorn have suggested tapped TQWTs in some apps and he's since designed/built a couple, so do a search of him to find the various posts.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.