enclosue design for reconed infinity delta 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st December 2008, 09:50 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default enclosue design for reconed infinity delta 10

hi guys

this is gonna be my first diy subwoofer.i need your help in designing
a enclosure for this delta ten.this is a reconed woofer.i want to get earth shaking bass with that.preferably ported or single tuned banpass enclosure.i switched to winisd and came out with these.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2sbu5xt.jpg

here are the measured t/s parameters

fs=36 hz
vas=1.81894
qes=0.6583744
qms=4.234543
qts=0.5697
pe=200 watts

gusys please help

thanks in advance
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

hi guys,

no reply from anybody

forgot Re= 3.6 ohm

please help
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:08 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sorry but it is not going to happen, sealed box , fully stuffed with fibreglass and polyfill 50/50. 105dB, Fb 53Hz and F6 24Hz.

regards
Ted
Old 22nd December 2008, 05:42 PM   #4
GM is online now GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Well, without a known Xmax it's hard to say how much 'earth shaking' bass it may be capable of, but for sure your two suggestions are only going to potentially give you some upper bass/lower mid-bass 'slam' of dubious SQ.

For 'earth shaking' bass (sub/LF), a TH sim looks good if there's enough Xmax, but the trade-off is a more complex to lay out/build ~404 L net Vb, though if corner loaded per the sim, then it can be made tall to minimize its 'footprint'.

Anyway, assuming a modest ~7 mm Xmax/100 W it should in theory have no problem reaching DD/DTD/THX reference with a bit of room gain combined with some damping and a 60-80 Hz XO depending on slope order to deal with the over emphasized HF 'hash':

GM
Old 22nd December 2008, 07:32 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

hi

moondog

whats the reason behind that.wont it work in ported enclosure.i dont want to try sealed enclosure.i have seensome projects on the net drivers meant for sealed encl works well in ported to,

gm

iam fully new to horns and dont know how to make them.mine voice
coil height is 12mm and gap is around 3mm so xmax is 9mm think so.
any plans for the horns would be appreciated.

thanks
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:15 PM   #6
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

For ported, you could try 2 cubes tuned to 30Hz
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:22 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I just used a free downloadable prgrame from Jeff Bagby, to give reasonable reults without a very big peak in response needed a huge box, Imay have made an unreasonable assumption that you were after clean smooth bass, personally I find the sound quality of high "Q:" drivers much better in sealed boxes.
Any box with a big hump has what I would call "one note bass" the sort that may emphasize the kick drum for instance, this may be good for dance muisc but not so good for classical European instruments where the bass notes from harps, double bass/cellos and typani are in the 40s,
Sorry if I sounded a little emphatic, of course you may do whatever you wish and make the box to suit your needs.
It is, after all, just my opinion
Old 23rd December 2008, 05:56 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Moondog55
I just used a free downloadable prgrame from Jeff Bagby, to give reasonable reults without a very big peak in response needed a huge box, Imay have made an unreasonable assumption that you were after clean smooth bass, personally I find the sound quality of high "Q:" drivers much better in sealed boxes.
Any box with a big hump has what I would call "one note bass" the sort that may emphasize the kick drum for instance, this may be good for dance muisc but not so good for classical European instruments where the bass notes from harps, double bass/cellos and typani are in the 40s,
Sorry if I sounded a little emphatic, of course you may do whatever you wish and make the box to suit your needs.
It is, after all, just my opinion
hi moondog,

i didnt meant to hurt you i just asked the reasoning for my knowledge

thanks ron e

iam also thinking of that

thanks you both guys for your suggestion
Old 23rd December 2008, 06:17 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

No offense taken

Hide this!Advertise here!