Cheap MDF panels in Melbourne Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Cheap MDF offcuts in Melbourne Post #1
To all Aussies in Melbourne.

AllBoards in Trawalla Ave in Thomastown, near DaltonRd/Western ring road.
They are so busy that no cut to order service until further notice, to make up for that loss they have MASSIVE quantities of 12.16/19mm MDF offcuts up to 450 X 1200 $1- each , and if you buy a couple of big sheets smaller offcuts negotiable. I thought I'd pas this titbit of information on to the Melbourne DIY community as I hate to think of all this good panelling being dumped, but he boss here said if it isn't sold bt Thursday of each week it goes in the rubbish.
Ok it isnt that thick but glue 2 layers together and you have a respectable baffle for a few dollars
Added to the post in loud speakers because;;;;;
If you are willing to do some cutting youself this place also has pallets and pallets of 25 and 32mm MDF that has some strange curves and cut-outs in it, they are leftovers from shop fiouts where designers have used curves and wave in counter tops
And for a dollar a sheet negotiable on how much you take away, it just might be a way to get some different typs of enclosures or maybe just some speaker stands.
But 450 X 450 or bigger panels should be possible, it's just that youd need a flatbed to carry this stuff away as all cuts have been done from full sized or half sized sheets. As an aside think architectural decorations on walls or weird shape table tops

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Thanx, good news should be shared if not shouted from the roof tops, I'm going tomorrow to get a dozen panels to use for my next OB , they aren't big enuff for all 4 12inch woofers but 1 X 12 and 2 X 10 should fit, and there are plenty of smaller pieces 1200 X 220 for side walls as well, hell even if all we do is us them to cut glue blocks it will save time and throwing them away

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.