Wacky TL idea, comments?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey. I'm really into subs and would like to build something more complicated than a vented enclosure. I've done a bit of car audio, but I want to be able to use a larger sized woofer for the home (18" or 21").

I read a little bit about El-Pipo and thought about a way to compress the design. I've never worked with sonotube before so I don't know if it will work, but what do you guys think of this?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Could it be done, and if so would it even be worth it? Could it somehow act as a horn because the two outer output pipes combined are larger than the first output pipe? Just throwing some ideas down :)

GM

Joined 2003
Or pipe within a pipe........ Anyway, a tapped horn is a bit more complicated and many car audio sub drivers are excellent for the app and can probably match or beat an 18 or 21 TL with less power required if their published specs are reasonably accurate.

GM

PeteMcK said:
It would look really cool, but probably a lot of work... an easy way to double the length of a pipe is to put a baffle down the middle...

But wouldnt that somehow choke it? I would think with two 21" woofers and a 24" sonotube that this wouldnt be such a good idea. I don't have any experience here though so I could be wrong!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.