Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

I would like to build my first subwoofer something like Zaph did a while back with using the MCM 55-2185 8" Dual Voice Coil Woofer & the MCM 50-6272 100 Watt Subwoofer Amplifier Module or the MCM 50-6263 200 Watt Subwoofer Amplifier Module.

I like the size of the box that Zaph made but I don’t know what the dimensions are or how big to make the box, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

66Panel

Hi Sreten,

Thank you for the response, forgive my ignorance as this is all very, very new to me.
From looking at the picture of Zaph’s box and from your suggestion of a 25L box I calculate the box would be approximately 11”W x 18”T x 8”D? Would this be a vented box?

Thanks again,

66Panel

Hello Thawach, Sreten

I loaded WinISd on my spare computer and figured out how and what information to input. Thanks Thawach

Sreten,
I sort of understand what you are saying as I got a very similar printout from WinISD, the box would be 25.5L and the tuning will be 40.24Hz.
I am trying to get my head wrapped around all of this new wealth of information, please bear with me. Looking at the specs of the woofer as compared to the specs of the amplifier has got me confused or maybe I just don’t understand? The spec for the 200 W MCM 50-6263 says fully adjustable 12db/octave crossover from 50Hz-120Hz, I still don’t understand If I can use this amplifier in this configuration.

Thanks again,

66Panel

I loaded WinISd on my spare computer and figured out how and what information to input.

sreten u came here why didn't replace me to reply? u..u.yakz..zzz with my kung fu. sorry! sreten i think i would die with this question why it's difficult to explain.LOL

ok! 66Panel open program then click editor->click parameters->put MCM 55-2185 parameters from this link

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/55-2185

then click save(new database for use)

Thanks
TW:dead:

my kung-fu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.