Yes, but which box?...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I'm starting my sub project soon and was after some opinions.

The original idea was for two subs, two drivers each in a push-push format (drivers back to back on opposite sides of the box).
However, circumstances conspired to limit me to just the one pair of drivers.... SO

Which do you think would be the better configuration from these choices.

Do I go with just one sub, drivers back to back. Advantages are: less mechanical vibration of the box, less floor space, only building one box.

Or

Do I build two boxes? Advantages are: better cancellation of room nodes (I'm led to believe), each box is smaller and more flexible with placement.

I don't have loads of space in my room, but it's a manly house, so no need to hide the subs away
:D

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mark

Just my personal preference here but given 2 drivers I'd opt for 2 boxes. Mechanical vibration can be easily overcome by making sure the box is heavy and well braced. The flexibility of having 2 boxes to even out room response would make this a fairly easy decision for me since you say you don't have to worry about making them really small or hiding them.

Josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.