nht 1259

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everyone:
i am posting here but think i am still in "probation" lol!!!
the issue is this:
i want/need/desire to build a sub using nht1259 unit..
there are many designs on the net but i was wondering if any of you guys/gals have opinions as to the best ones..projecting to use a plate amp about 200~300 watts...size should not matter much as long as it does not take up the whole room!!
the cabinet will be made by a friend and the rest by me (hopefully). any help/opinions/sites????
:att'n:
thanks in advance...
wicho

Yup - a sealed box anywhere from 3 cu ft up to 5 cu ft. It's really pretty hard to go wrong with this approach.

I just added a 4 cu ft 1259 to my system based on Yorkville U15 speakers. Yes, it's pretty silly to use a single 12" 'sub' with a pair of 15" midbass drivers, but it actually works really really well. (up until the 1259 runs out of gas).

hi:
i am sold on a 3.3 cubic feet sealed enclosure...so far the "design" calls for the plate amp to be outside the volume of the nht1259, separate box but attached to the cabinet. now can the cabinet be shaped like a "tower"?? like 15 inches by 15 inches at the base and the rest of the volume going up ( to reach the 3.3 cu ft) with the nht1259 at the lower part of the cabinet?

GM

Joined 2003
wicho said:

now can the cabinet be shaped like a "tower"??

Greets!

Sure! Half space (2pi)/2.83 V sim:

GM

Attachments

• nht 1259 3.3 ft^3 sealed.gif
    nht 1259 3.3 ft^3 sealed.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 285

GM

Joined 2003
Simming software make certain assumptions and the one I used assumes half space loading which means in effect the speaker is buried flush in the ground out in a perfectly flat field. It also assumes a one meter distance from the measuring mike to the baffle face with a 2.83 V input which equates to 2 W since it's a nominally 4 ohm driver.

Obviously, your room is going to affect the speaker's response considerably depending its size, shape and speaker placement, so sims are just a frame of reference. In your case, this software can model the effects of a high aspect ratio cab and I was just showing you that in a sealed alignment it doesn't have any audible effect on its performance.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.