cheap sub driver in europe..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all :) I have been modelling a sub as a gift with a tang band w69-1042.. now i figure that if i am going to the trouble to construbt a cab, paint it and put quite a lot of effort in then the driver is the definate weak point.. in a 20l cab I can only get down to 40hz with a 15inch x 3" pipe and even then if i take the plate amp (mivoc am 80) near to it's capaity i reach xmax..

to that end can anyone recomend a decent driver available to the uk for about £20ish.

maybe from http://www.lautsprechershop.de/hifi/index_en.htm
i would go with partsexpress but shipping and import duties are prohibative.

thanks all.

Not exactly within budget, but I ordered the Monacor SPH 212 from that supplier, and with a Detonation 50 plate amp it is a good match in a 30-something liter BR enclosure.
Very good and correct service, but then again, they are Germans so that's why they are so efficient. ;)

I would now aim for a minimally rising slope of about -4db down at 30Hz and 0dB down around 80Hz. This should extend - depending on your bassport tuning - the response to 25Hz flat in-room, where the Detonation 50 amp's rumble filter kicks in.
Less group delay, less port shuffing and slightly larger output in the lower freq. About 95-100dB output should be possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.