Buying Subwoofer driver-help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
don't buy it now.

Go and read about Linkwitz transforms. i.e. how to EQ a sealed box driver to get bass out of it below Fbox.

This needs high power and high Xmax and high power handling and if you ask for more than 12dB of low frequency boost you end up with a poor bass speaker. 18 to 20dB of boost looks impressive on the graphs but it does not work effectively.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
There could be another possibility, Lorantz are made in Australia, I believe that there main market is for "PRO" drivers but if we could demonstrate the market and put in a bulk purchase order perhaps we could get a subwoofer driver built to equal the performance of the "Shiva" or Tempest"

We'd need to organise a big group of people, and find out what the minimum production run was.
I have been contemplating buying a pair of Tempest sub drivers myself but funds are very tight until I find a new job.
Regards
Ted

Moondog55 said:
There could be another possibility, Lorantz are made in Australia, I believe that there main market is for "PRO" drivers but if we could demonstrate the market and put in a bulk purchase order perhaps we could get a subwoofer driver built to equal the performance of the "Shiva" or Tempest"

We'd need to organise a big group of people, and find out what the minimum production run was.
I have been contemplating buying a pair of Tempest sub drivers myself but funds are very tight until I find a new job.
Regards
Ted

If you are interested in Lorantz, they are on auction TODAY, a little late on Graysonline.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.