Good ole budget build sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok guys I haven't had much chance to check in the forums for a long time now and now that i got my comp built I'm looking at attempting a budget build $300 complete sub woofer. I'm looking at a very simple set up, Basically cut the cabinet, plug and play sort of set up right now. Birch is my choice of cabinet material, 1/2" is in consideration but i think i might as well do 3/4" for $10 more. As expensive as everything is nowadays a $300 build of decent quality is becoming more of a challenge. Anyways, I'm thinking of pairing up a Dayton driver rated at 300 watts rms @ 4 ohm with this bash amp. Very simple like i said. As far as enclosure goes a ported 4 ft^3 @ 28 Hz box seems best, as this will be 3/4 music use and the rest computer gaming and some movies. Anyways I would appreciate some input on this and if anyone knows of anything better off let me know.

BTW I have had bassbox pro for so long i done forgot the name of the freeware enclosure response modeling software i used to spend hours on, i know it's a very common program but i can't put my finger on it's name even after some goggling. Can someone help me out? lol

The BASH seems cool, unless you're thinking of using the plate amp's high-pass section for your satelites. From the picture of the unit, it seems to have no high pass, though I don't have one and can't say for sure.

I missed this on my first several glances at the unit, so I thought I'd point it out...

GM

Joined 2003
Hmm, without knowing all the details of your measurement it's meaningless in the scheme of things, especially since its published specs calc a ~93.2 dB/W/m half space reference efficiency, though at 2 ohms its sensitivity is ~99.22 dB/2.83 V/m (4 W).

Like any other low Qts, Xmax driver though, it takes a huge box to go low with any authority at low distortion.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.