Sub for music (Im not a headbanger)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry about the title its' the best summary I could think of.
Im getting a couple of NOS Cerwin Vega 225w Sub-amp plates and want to make a couple of subs for home.
We dont listen to music at high volumes but would like to supplement the Peerless based 2.5 ways Im making.
The design of the main speakers is MTM floorstanding (2 x 61/2"woofers and 1 x 1"tweeter).
The Xovers are sorted with help from members of this forum.

Ive scrolled around this most excellent site but I am none the wiser about the best size or type of sub-W driver to use.
Ive been looking at the AE Lambda Series TD15M and the Peerless 822007 drivers. So Im asking your advice. We listen to 70s to the present rock and some classical. The subs arnt for a suround sound as the TV isnt very important.

Im afraid boomy, Xmass and notches still conjure images of war despite my attempts to decipher their deeper hifi meanings.

Please be patient, I cannot understand a quarter of what is said about these speakers so please keep the tech words to a min.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.