truck sub box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's been 35 years since I've built a speaker cabinet so I'm trying to catch up. I went to Parts Express yesterday and talked to the guy in the showroom. I ended up buying a 10" driver hoping that the stock truck box they had would fit in my son's Chevy S10. No such luck.

So now I'm needing to build a trapezoid shaped box. Attached is the datasheet.

10" sub data sheets

The guy in the showroom was suggesting their .7 cu. ft. sealed box, but the datasheet recommends only .25 cu. ft. Am I missing something here? This seems way too small. I've got to make a trapezoid box. Are there any guidelines for dimensions? I know that in a room you try to avoid dimensions where one wall is a whole number multiple of another wall.

If anybody want to calculate a box I have a max height of 15," top depth of 4," and bottom depth of 7" The max width is 24". Driver depth is 5".

FWIW, the guy at P.E. raved about this line of drivers. He also talked at length about all of the stuff that comes back blown up. All I know is he had more gray hair than me.

Many thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.