My new subs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished testing my new dual SDX15 subs and they came out rather well.

The box is off off of their website as a sealed .577 alignment. They propose a 25.25" cube but that didn't fit too well on a single sheet of MDF so I knocked it down to 25.125.

Unstuffed they were .627/FS28.43 and .621/FS28.11

I stuffed the first with 4x20oz fiber fill and got .563/FS27.17

Oops, too much stuff! :eek:

I stuffed the second with 3x20oz and got .5751/FS26.85

Oooh, not bad! :D

I guess if I want to be anal about it I'll take about 22oz out of the first and 2oz out of the second.

I ran one unstuffed last night playing 'Replacement Killers' BlueRay just for grins and it performed rather well.

Next task it to move them into position after some simulation/experimentation then hit them with the Behringer FBD. Finally, I'll build and debug the 650 W amps, (one per VC).

After that it's either on to my dual side subs, (2xSD12's each) or on to my tri amped mains.

Is this a fun hobby or what! :clown:

Brett,

All right, you shamed me into it. :eek: :D The subs are much darker than the flash lets on. They will go behind the screen wall of my theater so they won't have to look that fancy, (all go, no show!).

This one still has the test probes hooked up.

I used Soundeasy for the measurements. Since the cal resistor I used is 1% that means the measurements must be less accurate than that.

It's just wonderful that you plan something, do some simulations, build it, and it actually works as designed. Coming from the electronics field, it usually takes months, if not years for that to happen! :bawling:

Attachments

• lfe1.jpg
    lfe1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 377
Here is the other bad boy! :D Again, the flash kills the flat black front.

That circular scratch above the driver is where I set it down to hook up the two voice coils and accidently twisted it which sort of buffed the flatness out of the paint. It doesn't show up in normal light though.

Attachments

• lfe2.jpg
    lfe2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 316
Here is the screen side of the theater, before the door was blacked out and the screen was hung, where they will go.

The circles all over the place mean that I should clean my lens more often! :D

When I have more time I'll do some performance measurements and post the results.

Attachments

• screen wall.jpg
    screen wall.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 343
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.