How to mount sub. plate amp in the box ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

I'm planning to build an active sub. The sub is 12" with 300watt plate amp, The box would be around 2cu/ft big sealed.

The questions are ,

Should I make a divider inside the box so that the driver and the amp. have separate air space?,

Or should I simply Cut a hole for the amp. and mount it in the box that it shares the same air space with the driver.

Are there benifits in separating the amp. and the driver in one box?

I plan to use the 300 watt plate amp from madisound, KG5230, Has anybody tried it , Does it sound good, Does it have high quality components, That justify it from being more expensive than comparable plate amp. from other sellers?

Thank you.

hi marchel

Or should I simply Cut a hole for the amp. and mount it in the box that it shares the same air space with the driver.

are you sure that u can sealed by the pressure air cannot flow out.

i had ever have the problem too much. the air can flow out at rca jack and the other on the plate amp. but when u make a divider inside the box. it's easy to sealed the inner box. therefor if that i, i choose the first question./:cool:

Hello CAl,

I have a B&W sub in my primary system, and when I checkd it out, It had a devider that is air tight.

I wonder if the rising temperature caused by the amp would affect the performance of the sub in a shared space, provided that the amp itself is air tight.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
One advantage of making a divider would be that you could test the sub without mounting the plate amp (or even using some other amp). You could even make the amp mounting panel replaceable to use a different amp in the future. You also wouldn't have to worry about creating a perfect seal. The disadvantage is you lose a small amount of volume and create a bit more work for yourself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.