Hornresp

Is there any possibility of a lite HR version for either iOS or Android in the future? It would be great to be able to do sims while on the go.
Unfortunately there is no simple converter für Visual Basic to Android or iOs. But you could whip up some emulation, I have managed to start up an old win98 on an android phone, using bochs.... sloooooow, very slow... But with recent high-end phones, it might actualy work to stark reactos on bochs and the rund hornresp within :)
Ok, this really is more a geek-solution, could be fun to try out. On a PC, it works fine using reactos as a free basis.

Thanks loads!

Hi meko,

You're welcome :).

Incidentally, after posting my earlier message in which I suggested setting Atc = S1, I later realised that it probably made more sense to set Atc = 2 x Sd (two drivers being used). As I indicated though, it is unlikely to make much of a difference to the overall results either way.

Kind regards,

David

what i would like to know with HF horn simulations when a round horn is formed like the line array horn. What directivity does. Or to see how much directivity improves when flatten the round horn to a ellipse.

Hi Helmuth,

Sophisticated finite element analysis (FEA) software would be required to accurately simulate the above configurations.

The directivity models used in Hornresp are really only applicable to single-segment axisymmetric horns.

Kind regards,

David

When simming a tapped horn for dual drivers, is using the center between the drivers sufficient for locating them or is there another method?

Hi Beau,

With Hornresp, use the centre point between the two drivers. For the purposes of the simulation a single "composite" driver is assumed, as shown in the schematic diagram. AkAbak could be used to specify more precise locations for the two separate drivers if so desired. I'm not sure how much of a difference this would make to the overall results at bass frequencies, though.

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Update 3240-131029

Hi Everyone,

The Driver Front Volume tool has been enhanced and two operating anomalies have been corrected.

DRIVER FRONT VOLUME TOOL

Previously the red outline showing the driver volume could sometimes have a small gap at the point where the cone joined the dust cap. This red line is now continuous at all times.

The driver volume cross-section is now highlighted in yellow to remove any ambiguity surrounding the volume being calculated - see Attachment 1.

ANOMALY 1

Selecting and then cancelling either the File > New, File > Open or File > Editor menu command when a record was Edit mode and the Tools > Loudspeaker Wizard menu command was enabled, would leave the Tools > Loudspeaker Wizard menu command enabled and the Edit button disabled, even though the record was no longer in Edit mode - see Attachment 2.

Being able to select the Loudspeaker Wizard with a record not in edit mode resulted in a fatal error being generated when the Wizard was exited - see Attachment 3.

ANOMALY 2

Holding down the F5 function key or multi-clicking the main Calculate button while results were being calculated would allow the Window menu commands to be displayed with two viewing flags simultaneously checked - see Attachment 4.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    38 KB · Views: 293
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Attach_4.png
    Attach_4.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 292
Kool!

Every day, and in every way, getting better and better.

A slight play on the words uttered by inspector Dreyfus in one of the pink panther movies.

But it almost fits.

Need a slightly twitching left eye to!

Keep it up David. You keep pushing the envelop, and expanding your programming capabilities. Done quite a few things that out of your comfort zone. And I am very grateful you are willing to keep progressing.

Makes my life so much easier!

Thought i'd let you know that WSA is still showing a warning ?

Hi Zero D,

Thanks for the feedback.

Sabbelbacke is the expert in these matters, but it seems that direct access to "www.hardware-test.de" has been restricted using a robots.txt file.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156449?hl=en

To download Hornresp, use either "www.hardware-test.de/mcbean" or "www.hornresp.net".

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Strato.png
    Strato.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 88
@ David McBean

Thought i'd let you know that WSA is still showing a warning ?

Regards
This is a false warning - there simply is no content whatsoever on the entry page of STRATO.

What one sees is the entry page for blank sites, provided by the hosting Company.

For downloading hornresp, use the links provided by David in the post above.