Hornresp

Yes Helping people, or nature makes you healthy or anyone else who do this, and it makes more satisfaction then anything else and so relaxed and such.

I helping my mother now who is 81 and there friend is hospitalized and was on the edge of death but go better now, he is also aged, 74 years so les capable to recover but it go succesfull this time.

Thanks again.

Hi David

I have done a exp tapped horn with more wood parts for the flare.

I do see that there is a bump on the beginning of the horn, see pictures, it looks
that it is sketchup who do this or the S2 start is faulty..

regards

kees

Attachments

• tapped-exp.jpg
    tapped-exp.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 184
Hi David

I have done a exp tapped horn with more wood parts for the flare.

I do see that there is a bump on the beginning of the horn, see pictures, it looks
that it is sketchup who do this or the S2 start is faulty..

regards

kees

Hi Kees,

I would need more information to be able to comment on your results:

* Screenprint of 'Input Parameters' window.
* Screenprint of 'Export Horn Data' form.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Kees,

I would need more information to be able to comment on your results:

* Screenprint of 'Input Parameters' window.
* Screenprint of 'Export Horn Data' form.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David

The problem was sketchup, sometimes it jumps 0,1 cm or even more, in my case
redrawn it make it oke again.

I go learn autocad, sketchup is nice but has to much things I do not like.

Good for fast drawns but for exp flare autocad is better.

regards

kees

Attachments

• tapped-exp.jpg
    tapped-exp.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I have the problem with sketchup that it jumps sometime, special when closed and the next day opened I see it is jumped 0,1 mm.

also it does what it want itselfs, not always what i want.

I have autocad, but it is not so easy to use, a simpel precise drawn program I have not yet see what I like.

But I have drawn the exponential tapped horn, but to long, so I have to calculate noi now the bends..

regards

Hi David,

Is it possible to add 2 Symmetric-TH models? (STH of which the path is cut in two symmetric halves). It doesn't need extra reference points, only a change of the driver position from S2 to S1.

2_extra_Models_Proposal.jpg

The reason I ask, if we now want to model a STH we have to give up one S-reference point (see green arrow) which limits the flexibility we usually have.

1_extra_Models_Proposal.jpg

Hornresp Update 3220-130615

Hi Everyone,

A fatal error was being generated when the Combined Response tool was used with a compound horn system that had identical front and rear horns and a zero path length difference (see attachment 1). The bug was introduced relatively recently, following some minor code changes.

The bug has now been fixed, with a further improvement being made in that the complete cancellation of the combined output due to the front / rear 180 degree phase difference is now handled more gracefully than it was prior to the introduction of the bug. The SPL at zero pressure has a theoretical mathematical value of negative infinity, and in Hornresp this negative infinite value is now indicated as -990 dB (see attachment 2).

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 182
  • SPL.png
    SPL.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 187
Hi Djim,
Unfortunately it would require a lot of work to fully integrate the new functionality into Hornresp - another one for AkAbak, I think :).
By "symmetric" do you mean that the horn path is bifurcated, similar to a Klipschorn?
Kind regards,
David
Hi David,

Thanks, for the quick reply. Never heard that word "bifurcated" before, but yes, that's what I meant.

Does it help when I say, David, I have found another bug because I have to use 0,01 value to model it! ;-)

Anyway, thanks for considering.

Hi Djim,

Never heard that word "bifurcated" before, but yes, that's what I meant.

Thanks for the confirmation. As far as simulations in Hornresp are concerned it doesn't matter if the actual constructed horn is bifurcated, provided that the area specified is the total cross-sectional area of the two ducts making up the horn. The same 'total area' principle applies to a standard multicellular horn.

Does it help when I say, David, I have found another bug because I have to use 0,01 value to model it! ;-)

In this case, I don't think so... :).

Anyway, thanks for considering.

You're welcome :). Rest assured I didn't just dismiss your suggestion without giving it serious consideration. The main problem I foresaw was integrating the extra options into the Loudspeaker Wizard in a seamless fashion (together with all of the existing functionality), which is something I would require.

The reason I ask, if we now want to model a STH we have to give up one S-reference point (see green arrow) which limits the flexibility we usually have.

Is the flexibility really any less when L12 = 0.01? The number of segments between the two sides of the driver diaphragm, and then to the horn mouth, does not change - see attached examples.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• TH4.png
    TH4.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 67
  • TH3.png
    TH3.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 170
  • TH2.png
    TH2.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 171
  • TH1.png
    TH1.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 170
Hi Djim,

Since when is 'flexibility' only determined by the amount of segments after the driver (and towards the mouth)?

In a tapped horn - when the throat side of the driver diaphragm is positioned at S1.

You are in effect asking for the acoustic path linking the two sides of the diaphragm to be made up of three segments. The maximum available in Hornresp has only ever been two, so the flexibility to adjust a tapped horn design without an offset throat has not really been reduced. Changing the model to allow three segments between the two sides of the diaphragm would increase the flexibility, not keep it the same.

Or should I ask, how can a 4 segement TH be as flexible like a 5 segment TH? :)

It can't - but as far as I can see, you are not asking for 5 segments :).

Kind regards,

David

Please forgive me for the noobish question, but I'm having trouble making sense of the exported schematic horn data. I've read a few of the tutorials online about how to get the horn drawn up in autocad or sketchup using that data and I get that far. But, when it comes to bringing the model from 2D to 3D I have no idea how high to extend it.
I'm also struggling to fit my driver in the mouth of the horn.
I've included the hornresp file and the exported data, along with a few screencaps.
Any help would be awesome.

Attachments

• UM15-TH.txt
    410 bytes · Views: 36
  • umth-exphorndata.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen shot 2013-06-19 at 3.45.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-06-19 at 3.45.48 PM.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen shot 2013-06-19 at 4.14.17 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-06-19 at 4.14.17 PM.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 70