Hornresp

It appears that Ap1 is not working for Nd and OD, then again it could be the pilot. :eek:

Hi Dan,

I just checked - it works fine for me.

Remember to double-click on the label, not the input box itself :).

Alternatively, use the Tools > Chamber menu to make the selection.

Please let me know if you continue to have a problem.

Kind regards,

David

I'm not having trouble selecting Ap1 mode, it's the function not working that's the problem. Ap works but Ap1 looks as if it's sealed/Fr mode...

Hi Dan,

Sorry, I misunderstood :).

Could you please post Input Parameters window screenprints for two Nd and OD designs that are not working properly, so that I can investigate further.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

David

I have to poke at him while he is sleeping!

I hope.

David am I dreaming in technicolor on the ability to change the graphs horizontal scale?

Don is right in stating you can do it in Akabak.

When I have to scale things I import them into REW and I can scale them quite easily.

Not that good with spread sheets yet.

But I'm guessing I should learn.

Hornresp Update 3010-121114

Hi Everyone,

The accuracy of the Hornresp combined response impulse response waveform has been significantly improved. When an exported *.wav file is transformed back to the frequency domain, the resulting SPL response is now a lot closer to the original. The extent of the change is shown in the attached example.

My thanks to Bjørn (Kolbrek) for his help in the development of this enhancement.

The bug reported by Oliver in Post #2946 has now also been fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Response.png
    Response.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Compare.png
    Compare.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 190
Just tested the new version, and it seems to work just fine. Thank you so very much.

Hi Oliver,

You're most welcome :).

Thank you for continuing to report any bug that you find, and for supplying such comprehensive supporting information - it makes it that much easier for me to track down the source of the problem.

With your help, perhaps one day Hornresp will be completely bug free :).

Kind regards,

David

Message for Jean-Michel (Jmmlc)

The accuracy of the Hornresp combined response impulse response waveform has been significantly improved.

Hi Jean-Michel,

I'm not sure if you still visit this thread, but if you do, I suspect that you might perhaps be wondering if the impulse response changes referred to in Post #2969 apply to your marvellous IR algorithm. They do not - your code remains untouched. A modification has however been made to the way that the phase values (used as one of the inputs to your routine) are specified.

Just thought you would like to know :).

Thanks again for providing the IR algorithm used in Hornresp.

Kind regards,

David

Dear David,

For sure I visit that thread (weekly) and noticed the improvement brought by Bjorn Kolbrek to the exported IR.

As I always give my ideas and work in audio for free, be sure that I'll approve if my algorithms could be improved.

As the IR calculation is based on a quasi wavelet synthesis method I developped, I am sure that someone having better knowledge about wavelets than me can improve the routine if necessary.

Best regards from Paris,

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Hi Jean-Michel,

I'm not sure if you still visit this thread, but if you do, I suspect that you might perhaps be wondering if the impulse response changes referred to in Post #2969 apply to your marvellous IR algorithm. They do not - your code remains untouched. A modification has however been made to the way that the phase values (used as one of the inputs to your routine) are specified.

Just thought you would like to know :).

Thanks again for providing the IR algorithm used in Hornresp.

Kind regards,

David